Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hedge trimming

Belated hedge trimming
Belated hedge trimming
Keeping the world in order is a massive undertaking. If I wasn't here to manage my little part of it, it would manage itself - but probably not to my liking!

This photo of my garden hedge illustrates the problem perfectly. On the right is the part I've just trimmed. On the left is the part that I have still to do.

You wouldn't believe it, but earlier in the year it was all trimmed. However, hedges have a habit of growing and growing, and this year's warmth and rainfall has provided perfect growing conditions.

If only someone would breed a hedging plant that would grow to a designated height and width and would then just stop. That would be perfect.

(If you liked this you might also like Journeys of heart and mind and Quote me on this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment