Thursday, June 6, 2013

A typical day

I was able to help Paul with a lift to Moggerhanger to return a borrowed disk cutter. Before heading off to do that we chatted with one of his friends over a coffee. There's a good chance another of his friends will do a Bible study with us soon. That's something to pray about and needs a little thought over the best way to approach it.

Seen on the walk back home with Sean
Seen on the walk back home with Sean
Life seems to be full of opportunities to share the good news about Jesus.

Later in the morning I got down to some serious weeding in the garden and cut the grass. I'm sure there's a lesson here. There is so much life in the garden, organic abundance and proliferation everywhere; it's just the way the church should be too. Yet all too often, unlike the plants and insects, the birds hopping on the grass and singing in the trees, church seems to be lacking in vitality.

At Caffe Nero I sat and chatted with the usual crew. I learned that one of the group plans to leave St Neots and will probably head to London where he will become homeless. This is a tragedy. There should be some way we could help him, but it seems there really isn't right now. I don't know what to do about this.

Sean and I talked about it when we met this evening. We had walked back to the house from town together, I took the photo of leaves in the sunshine on the way.

(If you liked this you might also like Journeys of heart and mind and Quote me on this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment